T-Shirt - Lauaʻe - Navy
- Made in the USA
- Lightweight 30/1, 100% cotton
- Garment-dyed and pre-shrunk
- Screenprinted puffy/raised Lauaʻe logo
- Our fits runs small. We suggest taking one size up
- An exclusive collaboration with Poakalani & Co. The puff print is based on a Hawaiian quilt pattern and inspired by a fragrant fern called lauaʻe. This pattern comes to us from our ʻohana at Poakalani & Co., a quilting hui founded by Aunty Althea and Uncle John Serrao. Aunty Althea and Uncle John first started their small quilting business in the 1970s using patterns they had inherited from Aunty’s grandmother. They named their business Poakalani, which was Aunty’s Hawaiian name. Over the next 35-plus years, they developed their practice and became masters in the field, sharing their knowledge with countless students from around the world. Although Aunty and Uncle are no longer with us, the Poakalani tradition is alive and well in their daughters Cissy and Raelene, who gather with other quiltmakers every Saturday at ʻIolani Palace, as they have for the past 18 years, to perpetuate the art of Hawaiian quilting. Quilting was first introduced to Hawaiʻi by American missionaries in the 1820s, and over time, the craft evolved into a distinctly Hawaiian art form. The classic Hawaiian quilt features an elaborate appliqué pattern inspired by Hawaiian plants and symbols and imbued with the quilter’s deep aloha for ʻāina (land) and lāhui (nation).
Please note that due to COVID-19 supply chain issues, the current t-shirt is a stock blank vs our standard custom made t-shirts. The shirt fits slimmer and longer.
Maiki @maikikevinkitada is 5ʻ9", 145lbs and is wearing a size large t-shirt and size 30 short.